Latest Advice & Information
- Important Information for Waltham Forest Businesses eligible for a Government GrantWaltham Forest council now has the funds and guidance necessary to distribute £54 million of grants to support certain small businesses through the Coronavirus pandemic.
- Redbridge Council Information HubOfficial coronavirus information hub for Redbridge Council providing details of all services, local information and community tools for residents, businesses and visitors.
- Waltham Forest Community HelpThe council is now working with established community groups and volunteers to enhance and coordinate support for those in need. Call: 020 8486 3000
- Universal CreditCall the Universal Credit Hotline 0800 328 5644 or visit online www.gov.uk/universal-credit
- Age UKThere are now several support services for the vulnerable locally. If you are elderly and struggling to get food, or you have another problem, please contact the local branches of Age UK Waltham Forest & Age UK Redbridge.
- VolunteeringA list of local organisations that you can register to volunteer. *Only volunteer for registered organisations*
- Beware of Coronavirus scamsTrading Standards advice on how to avoid common Coronavirus scams. Always follow government advice and NEVER give bank details or bank card information over the phone or to strangers.
- Social MediaThe following social media accounts are posting the latest factual advice and information related to Coronavirus (COVID-19) follow these accounts for regular updates.
- NHS Health Information & AdviceEveryone must stay at home to help stop the spread of coronavirus. This includes people of all ages – even if you do not have any symptoms or other health conditions.
For practical advice and help around issues such as employment, financial support, business, healthcare workers & carers, travel, how you can help etc please visit
- Check if you can claim a grant through the Self-Employment Income Support SchemeIf you're self-employed or a member of a partnership and have been adversely affected by coronavirus (COVID-19) find out if you can use this scheme to claim a grant.
- Find coronavirus financial support for your businessYou may be eligible for loans, tax relief and cash grants. Use this business support finder search tool to see what support is available for you and your business.
- NHS launches mental health hotline for staff tackling COVID-19The NHS has launched a mental health hotline as part of a package of measures to support the NHS’ 1.4 million staff as they help people deal with the coronavirus.
- Update on return flights to the UKThe government is ramping up efforts to bring home thousands of UK travellers stranded overseas by coronavirus with a new package of extra flights.
- Updated Coronavirus Job Retention SchemeUpdated guidance for employees and employers regarding the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, find out if you’re eligible…
- Coronavirus Business Financial SupportCoronavirus Business Financial Support. A full range of business support measures have been made available to UK businesses and employees. Click here to find out more…