Skip to the content
Trading Standards Advice
- Always follow government advice.
- Use local council websites, local council services and trusted charities like Age UK.
- Contact your local councillors or MP if urgent.
- Be careful on social media, especially with coronavirus response groups springing up.
- Be as careful as you would normally be… don’t be side-tracked or rush into decisions.
- Don’t purchase items from your doorstep or respond to surveys.
- Don’t draw attention to the passer-by that you are self-isolating (signs in windows).
- Don’t give bank details, cash, credit or debit card information to strangers to do shopping etc.
- Don’t buy cures and medicines online.
- Don’t buy soaps and sanitizers from unknown sources.
- Buy all products from known sources.
- Trust and seek help from family and friends.